Location: Virgin, UT
English Teacher at Falcon Ridge Ranch
Our psychiatric residential treatment center helps each struggling teen in our care find the worth and value in themselves. We employ individuals dedicated to positively influencing these children in working through history of poor self-esteem, poor coping skills, lack of anger management skills, anger, depression, self-harm, drug/alcohol abuse, poor school performance, abuse/neglect, etc.
- Provide direct and indirect instructional support to students in a positive environment.
- The teacher is responsible for implementing each student’s SEP or IEP, and evaluating and reporting IEP progress.
- The teacher is responsible for writing an individualized Weekly Assignment Sheet for each student in his/her classroom each week. The teacher will track each student’s completion of assignments each week and encouraging as needed.
- Teach socially acceptable behavior, as determined by the students’ individualized education programs (IEPs) by employing techniques in an overall positive behavioral support system.
- The teacher has the responsibility of maintaining accurate and complete academic records of each student’s school attendance and academic work, including report cards.
- The teacher has the responsibility of completing a Monthly Academic Progress Reports for each student at the end of each month.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records and prepare reports on children and activities, as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- The teacher has the responsibility of completing a Falcon Ridge Ranch Term Report Card for each student enrolled in his/her class at the conclusion of each of the four school terms. The report card will show academic performance in each class as well as credits earned.
Qualifications: Must have a current UTAH Teaching License. Experience teaching youth, capability to connecting with and disciplining high-risk teens preferred. Possess good teaching and communications skills (written and verbal).
Required license or certification:
UT Teaching License