Substitute Teacher for Georgetown County School District
Location: Georgetown, SC
Name: Patti Wilson
Kelly Educational Staffing is now recruiting for substitute teachers for Georgetown County School District.
In the absence of the full-time classroom teacher, the Substitute Teacher provides instruction, encourages student progress, and manages the learning environment.
Major Job Functions Job functions listed below are not all-inclusive; others may be added or deleted at the manager-s discretion.
• Assumes duties of the regular District/School classroom teacher promptly and in accordance with school rules.
• Implement existing lesson plans in a manner that ensures the integrity of academic time, and motivates students to
learn and participate.
• Instruct students regarding a variety of classroom topics/courses of instruction, as determined by the School District-s
lesson plan and in accordance with Kelly Services policy.
• Assign reasonable tasks and homework to students in accordance with the School District-s lesson plans.
• Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the
students. Address the various learning styles of students accordingly.
• For long-term assignments, it may be required to develop lesson plans; devise, administer, and grade tests and
assignments; participate in parent-teacher conferences; and attend school-related functions. (These activities may occur
outside of normal school hours.)
Candidates must be available to work 3 DAYS PER WEEK and travel to a minimum 3 different schools.
Minimum criteria for becoming a substitute teacher:
•HS diploma or GED
•Ability to read and write in English
•Favorable results on criminal background checks
•Completion of Smart Practices training on substitute teaching online
•Successful completion of a behavioral interview
•Completion of the mandatory employment orientation for substitute teaching with Kelly Educational Staffing
•Accept direct deposit or pay on a payroll card
•Flexible schedule to work same day assignments
•Must be available to work at least 3 days a week
•Must be available to at least 3 schools in the district
•Must work at least one Monday and one Friday each month