Instructor - Adjunct - HVAC Technician - Broomall
Location: Broomall, PA
Would you like to work for one of the most progressive companies in the career education industry? Are you excited about giving committed students the skills they need to be successful?
Under general supervision, plans and implements curriculum and educational programs for students within the program. Communicates class content to students so that learning occurs, skills are developed, and students are motivated to learn and achieve their educational objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops the syllabus for each course assigned based on accreditor and department criteria. The syllabus is to include learning objectives expressed in behavioral terms.
- Distributes the syllabus to the Academic Dean, the Program Director and to each student at the first scheduled class session.
- Teaches the depth and scope of class materials as outlined in the syllabus and catalog and relates the instruction to careers and employer expectations.
- Prepare and grades examinations based upon course objectives and published exam schedule and returns all assignments in a timely manner.
- Implements evaluation for outcomes assessment, and achieves established results while maintaining college standards of student satisfaction.
- Works creatively in all classes taught to discourage student withdrawal and maintain satisfactory retention.
- Begin and end each class at the designated times, providing a full period of instruction.
- Leaves the classroom or laboratory clean, organized, and ready for the next user.
- Submits, at the designated time, final grades for all students on the class roster.
- Accurately maintains attendance records in accordance with the Attendance Policy, submits class roster daily, maintains a separate record of attendance and grades that is clearly labeled and turned in at the end of the term.
- Calls all students who are absent and submits written reports of pertinent information to the Program Director.
- Attends faculty meetings, in-service meetings, graduation and other college events as required by the College.
- Dresses professionally in accordance with faculty dress code if onsite.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to evaluate, design, and implement curriculum, testing, and/or teaching methodologies.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of teaching methods, curriculum, and education programs.
- Teaching and facilitation skills.
- Ability to teach and control the behavior of students.
- Knowledge of academic and/or vocational education curricula.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant current education methodologies and techniques.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Please review “Program Specific Requirements” section for degree and years of service required.
- Where applicable, state or accreditation regulations may require a certain number of year’s occupational experience.
- Some courses and/or programs may require additional credentialing and degrees. Please work with the Academics Department with any questions on these additional requirements.
Program Specific Requirements (If Applicable)
• Must be EPA certified (Universal) and State Certified Licensed (HVAC) is required by the state to work.
• If candidate does not have the NATE (North American Technician Excellence) certification, they must be willing to take the core exam and one NATE specialty exam and pass both during their first two years of employment.
• NCCER-Certified preferred, but not required.
• Must have at least 3 years documented work experience in the field (letters from employer stating work performance and time on the job).
• Two years of documented teaching experience is preferred, but not required.If this position fits you then please apply and join us as we transform lives!