Admissions Coordinator - Behavioral Health
Location: Los Alamitos, CA
It is the purpose of an Admission Coordinator to answer and attend to all inquiries regarding treatment at Center for Discovery in a professional and timely manner. Furthermore, it is an Admission Coordinator’s purpose to admit clients to Center for Discovery and act as a liaison to all parties involved in an admission and/or inquiry.
- Facilitate incoming calls to the Admission Department in a professional and effective manner
- Complete Admission Inquiry form on all calls to determine appropriateness for treatment and ability to pay
- Provide inappropriate calls with three referrals for treatment or assistance including Discovery in Recovery meetings when appropriate
- Obtain and submit all pertinent data for insurance verification ensuring accuracy of data
- Participate in various functions of obtaining insurance approvals, Single Case Agreements or Letters of Agreements with the approval and supervisor
- Communicate referral information to marketing and other appropriate parties to ensure, preserve, and enhance relationships
- When appropriate complete a telephonic Intake Assessment Interview (IAI) with client and/or parent
- Upon completion of Intake Assessment Interview (IAI) seek approval from supervisor for admission
- Communicate with professionals, families, etc. all admission requirements
- Inform all families about Discovery in Recovery
- Review benefits and financial responsibility with family. If applicable confirm discounts and/or payment plans with family after receiving approvals from supervisor.
- Facilitate collection and distribution of medical data after receiving proper consents if and when necessary or applicable
- Get medical clearance from Medical Director by providing them with all requested and required documentation including but not limited to all that is on the medical screening form and Vaccination Histories
- Ongoing telephone communication with families, professional during admission process and noting all contact in resident data file
- Complete admission packet/close/admit all viable clients with proper communication and documentation
- Participate in on-going training, department and companywide meetings
- Document in daily call log in online data program
- Prepare required departmental reports when asked
- Send info regarding bed availability to IC in charge of House Status
- Use cell phones for business purposes only
- Keep all client, family and professional referral and departmental information confidential during and after time of employment with Center for Discovery
- May be required to travel to other facilities from time to time to attend trainings.
- May be required to travel to other facilities from time to time for trainings.
- May be required to assist in training of new hires
- Assist other IC with their cases when necessary
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times
- Any and all other duties that will assist in the proper running of the department and aiding families in obtaining care
- Be prepared to assist with extended shifts when required to assist the department