Client Support Representative - Education Services
Location: Princeton, NJ
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 2,200 professionals in 55 offices around the U.S. and in Montreal, the UK and Poland. The firm draws on more than three decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states and Canada to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
PCG is partnered with the New Jersey Department of Education in the development and daily management of NJ SMART, the State’s longitudinal education data collection and reporting system. This specific position provides customer service to over 700 districts and charter schools by responding to inquiries and questions about NJ SMART submissions and analytical tools. The successful candidate also performs the critical role of training state and school district members in NJ SMART data management and reporting. This position is located in Princeton, NJ.
- Trains school district users on web-based applications and system updates
- Designs, develops, and delivers live - and virtual trainings for state and district personnel
- Authors, edits, and manages ongoing client and stakeholder communications and customer relations management tools
- Assist school districts in submitting electronic data and uploading the data into PCG systems
- Proactively identify ways that internal processes can be improved and deliver actionable solutions
- Develops, streamlines, and actively participates in user acceptance testing procedures in areas of assigned focus and responsibility
- Actively participate in continual improvement of the NJ SMART system by liaising between PCG business and technology teams, where appropriate
- Participates in the design and delivery of client and staff member training and coaching related to reporting tools and focused on specific key performance indicators in education (e.g. graduation rates, student growth, post-secondary enrollment/remediation)
- Develop a firm understanding of state and federal education reporting requirements as they evolve
- Support aspects of the business cycle, including proposals and implementations
- Contributes to the firm’s knowledge of the competitive environment, market opportunities, and industry trends and plays and active role in creating new markets and opportunities in the immediate region
- Prepare agendas, analyze data and create project status reports for PCG management and clients
- Participate in special assignments as needed
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, including Excel and Word. Access is a plus.
- Communicates effectively with local staff.
- Ability to quickly understand PCG systems and terminology.
- Ability to manage multiple forms of support simultaneously.
- 1-3 years of similar work experience preferred.
- Schools (K-12) or Medicaid knowledge a plus.