Math Interventionist (Ripley)
Location: Houston, TX
BakerRipley provides an integrated holistic education system for families and their children ages six months through eighth grade. The Choices in Education division oversees the early childhood education programs and the BakerRipley Schools, including three community-based elementary schools, one middle school, and a "New Neighbor" school for refugee children - all of which reside within our community centers. Our holistic approach to educating the entire family allows us to create a stronger and more positive impact in the community. Both children and their parents gain access to education and broader community resources to prepare them for a successful degree and/or career.
Interventionists in Promise Community Charter Schools support the whole-child by focusing on the development of our students through high quality innovative intervention and progress monitoring. Interventionist also maintains data-based documentation of continuous monitoring of student performance and progress during interventions.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use identified scientific, research-based interventions focused specifically on individual student difficulties in reading, writing and/or mathematics.
- Differentiates intervention plans for students based on their unique learning profiles so that students of all ability levels are engaged and challenged.
- Uses collected assessment data to modify short and long-term plans in order to target areas for improvement.
- Provide data to the school teams and participate in decisions about student progress.
- Submits up-to-date intervention plans to the appropriate administrator.
- Adjusts course as necessary to maximize effectiveness of interventions after a cycle of data collection, reflection, and learning.
- Facilitates, manages, and coordinates student practice through meaningful learning experiences.
- Checks for academic understanding frequently and provides feedback in order to ensure student learning.
- Communicates high expectations for character and behavior by teaching, practicing, and reinforcing rules and expectations.
- Collaborates with content and grade-level teachers to ensure alignment and consistency of student academic habits, traits, and mindsets.
- Utilize tracking system to maintain lists of students participating in interventions.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines and honoring the schedules and working styles of other colleagues.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as requested by the Director and/or principal.
- Widely knowledgeable of the campus requirements, academic policies, and community support services available to students and families.
- Creates a welcoming environment to instill values of respect and kindness so that students feel comfortable and supported enough to take risks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with young and school-aged children and/or teaching experience highly desirable.
- Experience as an interventionist highly desirable.
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, or related field preferred. Bachelor degree in another discipline is acceptable with agreement to complete additional coursework in early childhood education.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- At least one (1) year work related experience.
- Experience teaching math.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student information.
- Ability to establish rapport with families and children
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Possession of a passionate and loving attitude toward all children
- Possession of a sense of urgency to do whatever it takes to assure that every student learns and grows
- Commitment to the vision, mission, values and goals of Promise Community Schools and BakerRipley
- Proficient in MS Office Products.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus; may be required for certain locations/assignments.