Location: Memphis, TN
Name: Ashfield Healthcare, Llc
**Please note this requisition is purposed to collect resumes for FUTURE opportunities**
The Clinical Educator provides point-of-service support and is the customer facing expert on the patient journey with key healthcare providers and clinics in order to enhance disease knowledge, assist patient pull-through, enhance compliance, improve adherence and patient access to product. The CE will have an in-depth understanding of the HCP prescribing account, dispensing account processes, if applicable, individual patient situations including insurance and reimbursement challenges, patient support offerings through the client's patient services, and other patient support offers outside of client.
The program is educational support in the area of primarily psychiatry. The program is designed with the needs of the healthcare professional treating the disease and patient in mind, and is an effective and comprehensive tool used to ensure that users of the product have ample access to robust clinical product education.
- Serve as single-point of contact or customer facing expert for Client's Patient Services for target physician offices within a defined geographic territory to assist with patient access and adherence to therapy.
- Support therapy choice through therapeutic, product education, and patient pull-through.
- Assist with navigation of each patient/script through the process and intervene, when necessary, within the scope of the role.
- Uncover any logistical issues impacting treatment initiation and ongoing therapy. Work with relevant parties to remove barriers and identify resources available. Provide information on to be taken on behalf of the patient
- Maintain communication and integrate activities, when appropriate, with Field Sales, Market Access, Patient Services, and other Client colleagues.
- Increase awareness of disease state and undiagnosed disease through education in the offices and community.
- Conduct total office call and/or in-service sessions to educate physicians, nurses, and office staff on client patient services.
- Train and educate office staff on client products including adverse events and safety information per label.
- Work closely with patients and families, providing education on disease state, product, logistics, access, and education of Support Services.
- Responsible for capturing all notes related to office calls and patient interaction timely and accurately.
- Responsible for relaying all pertinent information to Patient Services.
- Adheres to internal and external codes of conduct and legislation.
- Provides a responsive, customer focused service in order to satisfy client needs.
- Report to the Regional Manager and work closely with their surrounding field sales counterparts throughout the.
- Capture time and expenses while working on the program through the Ashfield dedicated time capture and expense system.
- Conduct total office call and/or in-service sessions to educate physicians, nurses, and office staff.
- Collaborate and participate with sales team at symposiums, community events for disease state, and at target health care practices to bring awareness to product educational support services.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Registered Nurse, current license in good standing in assigned state(s) required.
- Minimum of five (5) years' nursing experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years' pharmaceutical experience.
- Experience calling on health care providers within assigned territory.
- Ability to be available nights and/or weekends to meet program needs.
- Ability to present to various groups of people including physicians and other members of the office staff.
- Ability to 20-50% overnight travel for territory.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis via car and/or airplane as needed.
- Independent transportation.
- Valid US Driver's License.
- Psychiatry experience highly preferred.
- Clinical Educator and/or industry experience.
- Case management experience.
- Ability to lift, carry and otherwise move up to 25 pounds
- Ability to sit, stand or walk for various lengths of time throughout the day
- Ability to operate fax/copy machines, telephone, calculator and general office equipment on a daily basis