Program Manager - Scholarships
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Program Manager – Scholarships (Full-time)
The Program Manager - Scholarships is responsible for growth and administration of the Diocesan school scholarship program which is critically important to increasing enrollment in our Catholic schools. The position requires annual planning and ongoing proactive research to identify additional sources of funding and changes to Pennsylvania state legislation. Position responsibilities also include event coordination and administration of the scholarship work processes. The Program Manager interfaces with outside organizations, individual donors or businesses, pastors, principals, school advancement directors, the Secretariat for Stewardship and Development and the Eastern Pennsylvania Scholarship Foundation. The position also works closely with the Office of Education Superintendent and Directors for School Development, Marketing and Enrollment, and Finance.
Scope of School Support:
● (33) Elementary Schools, (6) High Schools and (3) Special Learning Centers
● (5) Counties: Lehigh, Berks, Northampton, Carbon and Schuylkill
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Working with the Director - School Development, develop an annual plan of strategies and tactics to drive the overall growth of scholarship funds.
● Provide administration, development and execution support for the Diocesan Scholarship Organization - Eastern Pennsylvania Scholarship Foundation (EPSF).
o Coordinate with the schools and the diocese a plan to solicit Educational Improvement Tax Credits and Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credits for businesses or individuals.
o Make presentations to schools and board members to educate them on the Scholarship programs.
o Execute the scholarship application process.
o Administer all donations received by the Foundation, making certain that all state requirements are satisfied, acknowledgement letters are sent and all funds are tracked.
o Promote Foundation initiatives in the community, parishes and schools.
o Manage the meetings of the EPSF Trust Advisors by providing meeting schedules, working with the chairperson on the agendas and completing meeting minutes.
o Participate in national and regional School Choice programs, as appropriate.
● Execute the Bishop’s Annual Appeal Catholic High School Scholarship Program, and the Bishop’s Catholic Scholars Program. Facilitate a communications plan with the schools and provide oversight and administration for the scholarship application process, the distribution of all awards and the awards ceremony.
● Develop, administer and distribute endowed funds for Catholic school scholarships.
o Manage the current endowed scholarship funds process. Adhere to application process, distribution of funds and complete all reporting requirements.
o Proactively seek new scholarship funding opportunities.
● Improve documentation of work processes.
● Provide occasional project support for Directors of Marketing, Development or Finance.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree in finance, marketing, business or related field.
● 2-4 years relevant experience, preferably in a fundraising, marketing or nonprofit environment.
● Exceptional communication, organizational and teamwork skills
● Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
● Understanding of basic accounting concepts
● Strong relationship-building and influencing skills
● Strong Catholic identity and commitment to the mission of the Church.
● Must be passionate about Catholic Education with a desire to help our schools succeed.
● A high degree of integrity, confidentiality, strong work ethic and a willingness to quickly and continuously gain knowledge about the mission of the Diocese of Allentown and its affiliates.
● Valid driver’s license.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements by July 19, 2017 to:
Diocese of Allentown,
Attention: Human Resources Office
P.O. Box F
Allentown, PA 18105
No phone calls please. EOE M/F/D/V